Table of contents for Back to School Guest Bloggers Week
Welcome Jeremy Woodall to Back 2 School Week! Jeremy and I have quite a bit of history together, beginning with Carolyn and me being youth camp sponsors for his church’s youth group when Jeremy was in the 7th grade. He was like a gerbil on steroids then. Now he’s a hamster on HGH…
Jeremy has so much life experience, having served as an Army Ranger in Afganistan before returning to Arkansas to serve with us at Journey Church in Monticello on our leadership team and as worship leader. He then served as an Assistant Director for Baptist Collegiate Ministry at UAM under Tracy Reed. He’s now serving at First Baptist Church of Star City, Arkansas as youth minister.
Our family is grateful for his and Becca’s friendship. He’s just one of those guys who is a constant encouragement. Oh, and he blogs at jeremywoodall.com.
And now… heeeeere’s Jeremy:
Journeyguy, thanks for the opportunity to guest blog for you this week! What an honor. College was a great time for me. I learned how to be a disciple of Jesus as well as being a disciple maker. I could go on all day about the things I learned in college but what about the things I didn’t learn? Well here is five things that I did not learn in college, for your reading pleasure ;)
- Patience. This is still something that I have yet to learn. It bothers me that I don’t seem to have it in me to be still, relax and enjoy life. I always seem to think things could and should be better. I am never satisfied. I believe this a major flaw of mine.
- How precious relationships are. I took many of my dear friends for granted and as a result I burned some bridges that I don’t believe that can ever be repaired. These people poured their lives into me as I did them. I wish I would have treated those relationships more carefully. Maybe they would still exist.
- Financial stewardship. This is one that I really wished I would have learned in college when I had more financial assistance. I wished I would have learned the importance of saving. I also wished I would have learned the difference in wants and in needs. Learning this as a college student can save you from a life full of financial hardships and bad decisions. Tithing is also something I would have learned the importance of.
- How to cook. I lived with my parents in college and partook of way to much fast food so cooking was not a thing that I did very much. This is a skill that I wish that I would have developed because I have had a crash course in my first year of marriage!
- How to study. I know eventually this will come back to haunt me. I got by in college with decent grades by barely trying. This is not a great way to approach life as well as school. I am starting seminary this fall and I am sure I have made it even harder on myself by not learning this skill.
On this day...
Leave a comment
The Personal Blog of Jeff Noble
Info: From the misty hills of Virginia, "Notes from the Trail" seeks to encourage you on your journey. Written by a graphic designer-pastor, this blog is a blend of humor, insight, and faith discovery.
Check out my Tumblr site for other thoughts, pictures and randomness.
Also, my about.me page can link you to my other digital hangouts on the web.
- An intro to Jesus Manifesto
- The Cove and personal spiritual retreats
- A la carte: Are you doing team leadership wrong?, Interns, and 3 Issues Churches Must Answer
- Goodbye (again)
- Liddle Women: Virginia Tech softball, faith and cancer
- A la carte: Evernote app ideas for speakers, Chris Broussard
- Take a free temperament test by Keirsey
- Sometimes it takes a ballpit
- Review: The Lost World of Genesis One
- 7 helpful tips for those in their 40s
Links of Interest
Most Commented in Past Year
Users: 1 Guest
- “Select all” code for inviting Facebook friends to an event
- Why I gave up consuming “The Beardstown Ladies’ Guide to Smart Spending for Big Savings: How to Save for a Rainy Day Without Sacrificing Your Lifestyle”
- Please leave a message…
- A la carte: Death of personal blogging, political posts, book on prayer recommendation
- Review: Groups app for iPhone
- Apple store coming to Little Rock?
- When it’s time to leave your church
- Sunday’s comin’
- Google search missing after Firefox update
- About WBC: Don’t Feed the Animals
- iPad update