Sublime happiness and joy awaits every one of you. It can be had… even tonight… for only about $6.37. If you have a Wal-Mart Supercenter within a 20 mile radius, I beseech you, no I compel and urge thee to get thy buttocks down to there and purchase for thine self a sack of Malt-O-Meal’s Vanilla Cream Mini Spooners and a box of Kellogg’s Frosted Miniwheats Strawberry Delight. It’s pure eating ecstasy.
Here’s what happened to me to create this universal discovery… I had been systematically devouring the Kellogg’s Strawberry Miniwheats for the past week or so. We returned from our spring break trip this afternoon, having spent the last few days with the Pigotts and Chases at the Little Red River. So dinner tonight was every man/child for themself. I opted for my old standby… cereal. I love it.
Imagine my disappointment when the Strawberry Delight only filled half a bowl before emitting the shreddings typical of battered wheat squares. I open the pantry, and what to my wandering eyes should appear but a sack of niller minispooners, so dear!? I topped off the bowl, with a growing sense of anticipation and intuitive expectancy that whispered at my consciousness… “you’re on to something, by jove!”
I stirred them up, and took a few bites. Voila! Eureka! Simply taste-tastic. Somebody kill and mount Toucan Sam… there’s a new heavyweight in town! Strawberry-Vanilla Wheat Square Extraodinaire. Please, please, Mr. Kellogg… you MUST produce this! (If you don’t Mrs. Malt-O-Meal will and corner the cereal market for years!)
I’m a happy man this evening as I tongue wheaty remnants from my molar recesses. Every last shred I find whispers “gastro-genius” in my mouth. This reminds me of my Juanita’s, Hot Tea, and Thee article a while back. It’s been that long since I’ve called a tastebud truce.
I’ll close this post with one thought… what could be better than cold milk, Wheat Square Extraordinaire, and regularity all packed into one evening?
On this day...
Leave a comment
The Personal Blog of Jeff Noble
Info: From the misty hills of Virginia, "Notes from the Trail" seeks to encourage you on your journey. Written by a graphic designer-pastor, this blog is a blend of humor, insight, and faith discovery.
Check out my Tumblr site for other thoughts, pictures and randomness.
Also, my about.me page can link you to my other digital hangouts on the web.
- On invalid signatures, rejection, reflection, and relief
- Running for Blacksburg Town Council
- Why I am not responding to your texts
- Why I’m moving from a smart phone to a dumb phone
- Review: A Call to the Unconverted
- New episode of Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom: Snake Handler
- An intro to Jesus Manifesto
- The Cove and personal spiritual retreats
- A la carte: Are you doing team leadership wrong?, Interns, and 3 Issues Churches Must Answer
- Goodbye (again)
Most Commented in Past Year
Users: 1 Guest
- Why I gave up consuming “The Beardstown Ladies’ Guide to Smart Spending for Big Savings: How to Save for a Rainy Day Without Sacrificing Your Lifestyle”
- Books I’ve bought…
- “Select all” code for inviting Facebook friends to an event
- Sunday’s comin’
- Review: Groups app for iPhone
- Please leave a message…
- A la carte: Preachers leaving, more beer, divorce & remarriage
- Google search missing after Firefox update
- Why Louie Giglio’s new worship definition lacks air
- When it’s time to leave your church