Beginning August 1, 2013, I’m going to conduct a 90-day experiment that is both digital and social. Read more about it here, but essentially, I’m going to begin posting most of my digital content right here at journeyguy.com, otherwise known as Notes from the Trail.
I’ll be using Twitter and other social media to announce that there’s a post and comments on that post, but you won’t find my primary content on Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or any other medium other than right here.
With that being said, some of you who are relatively new to following “blogs” and navigating the blogosphere might need to know how to keep up with the content here.
Here’s three ways to get content from me during the experiment:
- Bookmark journeyguy.com in your browser and visit it once a day. This is not convenient, but as I work on a redesign, you’ll notice it first, and you get all the bells and whistles of the blog’s design and interaction.
- Use Feedly.com. It’s a RSS site that also has iOS and Android apps on your devices. Copy “journeyguy.com” and then when you create an account there, paste it in the URL field (top left), and you’re subscribed. Check that site or your app daily/weekly/whatever. You can also paste other blog URLs there and even organize them by folders.
- Subscribe to new entries by email. On the sidebar on the left, you can enter your email address, and you’ll be mailed new entries right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe via email as well.
- Like the Notes from the Trail Facebook page. New entries are automatically posted there. I encourage you to leave comments here rather than Facebook, however.
- Follow me on Twitter. Blog updates and content that would be too brief for a post here will be there.
Content from some sites (like Instagram) will be posted here as well.
90 days folks! I’d love to hear from you in the comments. If you’re watching the experiment or need help in setting up anything, let me know. Also, if you blog, leave a comment and link to your blog. If you write good, interesting material that is fun, thoughtful and encouraging, I’ll probably follow!
One last thing
On the sidebar, you can also subscribe to comments, notice the link under “posts” in the image below: