I’m so exceptionally proud of my wife this morning. She took our son to Roanoke early (5:45a) for a flight out to visit grandparents. The trip has been planned for some time. US Airways refused him boarding due to age.
They told her, “Say he’s 15.” in refusing, she may have lost a flight, but she has strengthened her faith. She’s waiting now to talk to a supervisor to see about an exception, but she is the exception.
We all need clearly defined moments when we make tough decisions solely on the basis of our belief. When we choose to lose rather than lie to fly, it may be painful for a moment. Yet it solidifies for us and those around usthe authenticity of our godly ambitions.
I’m proud of her, and I hope that the super grants her favor. But even if he doesn’t, the favor of her Father is greater. Because of her integrity, she’s flying higher than US Airways could ever take our son.
On this day...
Leave a comment
The Personal Blog of Jeff Noble
Info: From the misty hills of Virginia, "Notes from the Trail" seeks to encourage you on your journey. Written by a graphic designer-pastor, this blog is a blend of humor, insight, and faith discovery.
Check out my Tumblr site for other thoughts, pictures and randomness.
Also, my about.me page can link you to my other digital hangouts on the web.
- A la carte: Are you doing team leadership wrong?, Interns, and 3 Issues Churches Must Answer
- Goodbye (again)
- Liddle Women: Virginia Tech softball, faith and cancer
- A la carte: Evernote app ideas for speakers, Chris Broussard
- Take a free temperament test by Keirsey
- Sometimes it takes a ballpit
- Review: The Lost World of Genesis One
- 7 helpful tips for those in their 40s
- Can you say, “Watch me!”?
- Easter expectations
Links of Interest
Most Commented in Past Year
Users: 1 Guest
- “Select all” code for inviting Facebook friends to an event
- Why I gave up consuming “The Beardstown Ladies’ Guide to Smart Spending for Big Savings: How to Save for a Rainy Day Without Sacrificing Your Lifestyle”
- A la carte: Death of personal blogging, political posts, book on prayer recommendation
- Please leave a message…
- Review: Groups app for iPhone
- Sunday’s comin’
- When it’s time to leave your church
- Google search missing after Firefox update
- About WBC: Don’t Feed the Animals
- Apple store coming to Little Rock?
- iPad update