What do you do with your cellphone? And before you answer that, I can’t help thinking about the latest Cingular commercial where one of the nerdy cell phone representatives phone is set on vibrate, and he looks up with this sheepish grin. Let’s keep this above board, if possible, ok?
After reading this little ditty about ten creative ways to use your cellphone, I began to wonder what all of you might do with your cell in addition to talking.
I have a Palm Treo 650, and it’s kind of a “super phone.” I love it, but am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the iPhone. Until then, however, here’s what I currently do with my phone:
- Appointments galore – it syncs seamlessly with my iCal and hopefully helps me
missmake the meetings I want to.
- Contacts – aaah. Nothing like having 535 contacts at my beck and call.
- Photos – an immense help for that quick shot. I also try to take as many unflattering shots of my friends as possible and then set them to show up when they call. Good for a quick pick-me-up.
- Solitaire – at least a couple of games every night right before falling asleep, and usually when I’m on the, uh, nevermind.
- Alarm – I use my cell exclusively for my alarm clock. With Treo Alarm, I can check the weather and have multiple alarms set for times throughout the week.
- Memos – I find I use this the most when I’m at a bookstore and see a book I want but don’t want to pay $20 for when I know I can get it for much cheaper at Amazon.
- Tasks – I’ve never been good at a to-do list. I’m more of a consciousness-stream guy; however, I do occasionally use the task function.
- Texting – who doesn’t.
- Updating my Twitter, when I want to. (Please, no crude comments here.)
So… What do you use your cell for?
On this day...
Leave a comment
The Personal Blog of Jeff Noble
Info: From the misty hills of Virginia, "Notes from the Trail" seeks to encourage you on your journey. Written by a graphic designer-pastor, this blog is a blend of humor, insight, and faith discovery.
Check out my Tumblr site for other thoughts, pictures and randomness.
Also, my about.me page can link you to my other digital hangouts on the web.
- On invalid signatures, rejection, reflection, and relief
- Running for Blacksburg Town Council
- Why I am not responding to your texts
- Why I’m moving from a smart phone to a dumb phone
- Review: A Call to the Unconverted
- New episode of Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom: Snake Handler
- An intro to Jesus Manifesto
- The Cove and personal spiritual retreats
- A la carte: Are you doing team leadership wrong?, Interns, and 3 Issues Churches Must Answer
- Goodbye (again)
Most Commented in Past Year
Users: 1 Guest
- Why I gave up consuming “The Beardstown Ladies’ Guide to Smart Spending for Big Savings: How to Save for a Rainy Day Without Sacrificing Your Lifestyle”
- Books I’ve bought…
- “Select all” code for inviting Facebook friends to an event
- Sunday’s comin’
- Review: Groups app for iPhone
- Please leave a message…
- A la carte: Preachers leaving, more beer, divorce & remarriage
- Google search missing after Firefox update
- Why Louie Giglio’s new worship definition lacks air
- When it’s time to leave your church