Today we received surreal news. Our daughter Adelyn (15) was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Normally in our household, anytime we mention the word “medical,” we are updating family and friends about Carolyn’s health journey.It was an aha moment because she had been exhibiting several of the typical symptoms for diabetes, especially over the past week. However, you’re never really ready to begin a new health chapter so suddenly.
Within minutes of her doctor giving her that diagnosis, she was admitted to the local hospital to get her blood sugar levels back into a healthy range. After doing bloodwork again at the hospital, they decided to admit her to ICU overnight.
Even in the midst of a hectic afternoon, we are extremely grateful already for support, prayers, and expressions of kindness.
On this day...
- The exploitation of your mind - 2014
- Curve balls - 2008
- David Copperfield messes with my mind... - 2007
- I think I'm Scott Adams... - 2006
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020