Ouch, ouch, and ha! That was my reaction to reading a recent diatribe about church growth from one website. His initial thought was:
If church sucks, people don’t invite others. They don’t think “Man, my friends have got to be here for this!” They think “Well, I might as well keep going here.”
Included in his list are things like:
- Stop preaching crappy sermons.
- Quit acting like such a fruit up there.
- They’re supposed to be announcements, not Chinese water torture.
I think the list could also be titled “Church Growth Thoughts from the Pews.” I know of several folks in our group who would be that honest. Thanks to Todd for first mentioning it.
On this day...
- The danger of "the" - 2019
- Their Story: Meet Aaron Peck - 2014
- Spain plane - 2011
- What's at stake - 2010
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020