I’ll admit that I track my blog’s statistics regularly. I enjoy seeing where folks are coming from, and what they consistently read. Particularly, I tend to check the “exit page” which is the last click before they exit my blog.
The above image may look like mumbo-jumbo to you, but it tells me several things.
- The visitor was from Reno, NV.
- The visitor was a first-timer to Notes from the Trail.
- They found my blog from a Google search for “Together vs Yojimbo.” These are two productivity apps that I had happened to review a while back.
- The visitor spent 7 minutes and 5 seconds on my blog.
- The exit page (or last page they read) was a blog entry about having a love relationship with God.
Consider the stunning implications of that… A visitor was simply Googling for information about productivity applications on the Mac, found my blog on Google and ended up reading an entry I wrote about falling in love with our Creator…
And that, my friends, is why I really enjoy writing about all kinds of things – from technology to cereal to cancer to Christ. You just never know what may lead someone to the real stuff behind the fluff.
On this day...
- A discouraged pastor - 2018
- Video Blog: January 2014 - 2014
- Fancy's last chance - 2008
- Disney, Day Last (7) - 2007
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020