We arrived in Hobbs today and celebrated Carolyn and my birthdays with her family. Hers is the 24th, and mine is January 5. Before the sun set, I took my twin five year-old nephews and Sam “hunting” in the prairie located out back.
During supper, we were talking about “church,” and Carolyn’s folks related that their church, Taylor Memorial Baptist, had just undergone an extensive renovation. As part of the renovation, their hymnals were removed. Sam perked up from his table, and in mid-bite said, “What’s a hymnal?”
Suffice it to say that he has little to no remembrance of his time in a traditional church. Times are a’changin.’
On this day...
- Book Review: "Shameless: A Sexual Reformation" - 2019
- Book Review: Martin Luther: The Man Who Rediscovered God and Changed the World - by Eric Metaxas - 2018
- Top Posts of 2017 - 2017
- The Top Ten Posts of 2015 - 2015
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020