Carolyn got a call from the doctor’s office this afternoon to give us the results of the biopsy from Friday. He said, “I’ve got bad news…” Of course, no one wants to hear that after a biopsy.
Then he related that there had been a mistake made and the biopsy had been put in the “wrong pink solution” and so we will have to try again. He was very apologetic – appropriately so, and we are certainly accepting of his apology.
He said that we have two options… One is to do another needle biopsy. We’re not in favor of that simply because we are not confident in needle biopsy results (we’ve had negative positives before). The second option involves taking one of the lymph nodes for a whole biopsy when they do the lumpectomy of the spot that is in her breast.
We are choosing the second option at this point since that will be conclusive. It will involve general anesthesia, so they’ll have to put her under.
We’ll have to schedule that and then let you know from there. Just wanted to shoot everyone an update. The waiting game continues…
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths will shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40.28-31)
It has been a great wait so far, if I can say that. We have definitely experienced God’s peace and provision over the weekend. We’ve been able to spend time with great friends, including our church family, and our church renewal gatherings have fallen at a wonderful time.
We’d appreciate your continued prayers…
Our Cancer Saga
Carolyn was first diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease in 1991. Since then, it's been a wild, crazy cancer saga.
- A Sheep’s Tale
- Our Story, a week in October
- Health update and uncertainty
- Biopsy results…
- Today’s stop: surgeon consultation
- Doctor update
- “As you help us by your prayers”
- Where we are
- Health latest…
- Experiencing intercession
- Two birthdays of good news
- The chemo word
- Surgery today
- A little closure…
- Chemo hero
- Our Story: Miracles
- Another opportunity to trust
- Round 6 update
- A La Carte: Health Update, December Nights kickoff, Saving Change and The First Snow
- Final surgery – Round 6: gratitude in busyness
- Health update 2014
- A little down: health update
- Miracles in the mailbox
- Immeasurably more..
- Moving toward knowledge: surgery
- Cancer hiccups
- A new wrinkle
On this day...
- Ode to a staff team - 2014
- Glory in the Highest Concert! - 2009
- WELCOME TO NOTES FROM THE TRAIL - 2006
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019