Just a quick smile…
Carolyn is on her way to Little Rock for Adelyn’s fashion show. (Adelyn’s been at my parents all week, and has been attending some sort of fashion camp at Pulaski Academy. Obviously, you can tell I never attended such a thing.)
Anyway, she called to say, “Jeff! I haven’t listened to country music in forever, and I decided to switch over from KLOVE to a country station. In the past five minutes I’ve heard two songs with lyrics like: ‘I want to wrap my arms around you and rock you all night long’ and ‘I want to pick ticks off you!’ What is country music coming to?”
She was not impressed when I told her that the lyrics of the last song seemed rather romantic to me.
On this day...
- Happy Father's Day - 2015
- Their Stories.. Guest Blogger Week-ish - 2014
- The devil bed and the dream crusher - 2014
- Countrified city boy - 2009
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020