Mark Dever is a dynamic expository and biblically-saturated preacher. He pastors at Capitol Hill Baptist Church, which Carolyn and I visited on our trip to D.C. earlier this year. He has written a book called What is a Healthy Church? that looks to be extremely challenging.
For those who would say, “Eeew. That book is for my pastor or church leaders,” consider Dever’s words:
“If you call yourself a Christian but you think a book about healthy churches is a book for church leaders or maybe for those ‘theological types,’ while you would rather read books about the church life, it may be time to stop and consider again exactly what the Bible says a Christian is. …you and all the members of your church, Christian, are finally responsible before God for what your church becomes, not your pastors and other leaders–you.”
On this day...
- SEC adopts (partially) mark-to-market fix - 2008
- Apple's slippery slope - 2007
- Shane and Shane's website - 2007
- 24 Season 5 - 2006
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019