I was on the back porch and had just hit the submit button for the DHL website to schedule a pickup. It pained me to do so, because I am having to send my Macbook back for service.
At less than a year old, the plastic along the edge where my wrists rest had cracked and small slivers had peeled back. I called Apple Thursday and learned it was a known issue. On Friday, I had a box via DHL to ship the laptop to Apple for free repair. I waited until today, because we use the laptop in worship at church for presentations (go Propresenter!).
So, I shut the Macbook down after hitting submit and walked back into the house. I LITERALLY didn’t make it to the kitchen when the doorbell rang.
“Hmmmm.” I wondered who it could be.
Lo and behold, it was the DHL gal.
“I was just around the corner when I got notified of your pickup. I know it’s not 12 yet, but wondered if you were ready?”
I was flabbergasted.
She waited patiently for me as I packed up the Macbook into the provided box and waved a cheery goodbye as she left.
DHL – freaky fast.
On this day...
- Nuff said: Ode to Stan Lee - 2018
- Are you complicit in complacency? - 2013
- New Mac commercials... - 2007
- Rather Gone... the Demise of Mainstream Media - 2005
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020