Here’s the challenge. If you blog, Tumble, Facebook, or Twitter… post a short description of “what I expect from Easter this year.” Then please link it in the comments below.
What I expect from Easter this year:
Movement. As a pastor, I’m eager and hugely expectant for God to work tomorrow. I hope and pray for movement in people. Christians need to be moved from complacency and take-it-for-granted pseudo spirituality to humility, repentance and surrender. We need to be moved to revival. Those who aren’t Christians (yet) need to be moved toward faith. They need to see a God, sense a hint of the divine in such a way that their doubt becomes genuine. Instead of doubting God’s existence or relevance, let them now doubt that their life is complete or fulfilled. Let them doubt that they have it all together (because none of us do).
So, I hope on this Easter that God moves me and you. Henry Blackaby said in his Experiencing God Bible study, “You can’t stay where you are and go with God.”
I’m ready. I hope you are… to be moved.
It is only the stubborn who say in their heart, “I shall not be moved.” (Psalm 10.6)
On this day...
- You're invited! - 2010
- Volcano Fund started - 2009
- Time says the Bible should be taught in schools... - 2007
- Cartoon for Mac switchers - 2007
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020