At the outset of this, I need to say that if you have voiced any sort of prayer on our behalf during Carolyn’s health trials, we are deeply grateful. I’d also like to request your continued intercession. It is only through the strength of prayers that we’ve been upheld and sustained in recent weeks.
However, we want to celebrate with you some significant news that Carolyn received from the doctor’s office on Christmas Eve. The needle biopsies that were taken on Monday all came back negative! There was no sign of lymphoma or Hodgkins. We were relieved and astonished.
This entire ordeal that began in early November has been based on some assumptions that the activity the PET scan showed would most likely come back positive. Of course, we didn’t anticipate encountering breast cancer, but we also didn’t expect to be receiving good news at this stage.
Carolyn’s doc still may suggest surgery to remove one of the nodes in her groin area to be 100% confident with the needle biopsies. However, at this point, we are counting this as Christ’s gracious work through His people.
We ask that you continue to pray. Her next surgery to remove more tissue in the breast is January 2.
We are supremely grateful for how Christ has revealed Himself through our intercessors.
Our Cancer Saga
Carolyn was first diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease in 1991. Since then, it's been a wild, crazy cancer saga.
- A Sheep’s Tale
- Our Story, a week in October
- Health update and uncertainty
- Biopsy results…
- Today’s stop: surgeon consultation
- Doctor update
- “As you help us by your prayers”
- Where we are
- Health latest…
- Experiencing intercession
- Two birthdays of good news
- The chemo word
- Surgery today
- A little closure…
- Chemo hero
- Our Story: Miracles
- Another opportunity to trust
- Round 6 update
- A La Carte: Health Update, December Nights kickoff, Saving Change and The First Snow
- Final surgery – Round 6: gratitude in busyness
- Health update 2014
- A little down: health update
- Miracles in the mailbox
- Immeasurably more..
- Moving toward knowledge: surgery
- Cancer hiccups
- A new wrinkle
On this day...
- Book Review: "Shameless: A Sexual Reformation" - 2019
- Book Review: Martin Luther: The Man Who Rediscovered God and Changed the World - by Eric Metaxas - 2018
- Top Posts of 2017 - 2017
- The Top Ten Posts of 2015 - 2015
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020