Yep. That’s my little blog on the Washington Post site!!! At least it was there at this very moment!
If you’re a beginning blogger, a good way to drive more traffic to your site is to actively post comments on other blogs, link to good articles you find, and give as much credit to others as you possibly can. They’ll be grateful, and generally will visit your site. Every now and then you might even get a significant recommendation as Todd Dailey did on his blog. He posted a brief article about how you could clean your iPod with ordinary “Brasso” (only $3.85 at Wal-Mart) rather than spending a bunch on branded iPod cremes. (I’ve tried it, and it works!)
Anyway, after such a post, he had more than 800,000 hits from about 40,000 unique IP addresses!!!! Wow!
So link, post, comment, and blog away. Anything consumer-minded you think of that might help others or save them money, go for it! You’ll be surprised how far your words and influence might go!
On this day...
- Christmas "Sections" - 2019
- A friend's faith journey: Phillip Slaughter, Part 1 - 2016
- Our Story: From planting to growth - 2015
- Resisting terror: the VT shooting of December 8, 2011 - 2011
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020