Hamo takes off on this post. He uses the following quote by Ghandi to ask some profound questions:
“It is my firm opinion that [the West] today represents not the spirit of God or Christianity but the spirit of Satan. And Satan’s successes are the greatest, when he appears with the name of God on his lips. [The West] today is only nominally Christian. In reality, it is worshipping Mammon. ‘It’s easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Thus really spoke Jesus Christ. His so-called followers measure their moral progress by their material possessions.”
-Gandhi (Speeches & Writings of M. Gandhi: p.336, Feb. 14, 1916)
Then he poses some significant questions. I’d be interested in knowing what you think and how you feel this might apply to your own life.
On this day...
- Photos: VT vs Western Carolina - 2013
- What politicians should learn from pastors - 2012
- Great Verizon commercial - 2009
- Gumbo lunch fundraiser for mission trip... - 2007
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019
- Why do Christian women struggle with friendships? - August 10, 2019