Hamo takes off on this post. He uses the following quote by Ghandi to ask some profound questions:
“It is my firm opinion that [the West] today represents not the spirit of God or Christianity but the spirit of Satan. And Satan’s successes are the greatest, when he appears with the name of God on his lips. [The West] today is only nominally Christian. In reality, it is worshipping Mammon. ‘It’s easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Thus really spoke Jesus Christ. His so-called followers measure their moral progress by their material possessions.”
-Gandhi (Speeches & Writings of M. Gandhi: p.336, Feb. 14, 1916)
Then he poses some significant questions. I’d be interested in knowing what you think and how you feel this might apply to your own life.
On this day...
- Photos: VT vs Western Carolina - 2013
- What politicians should learn from pastors - 2012
- Great Verizon commercial - 2009
- Gumbo lunch fundraiser for mission trip... - 2007
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020