In November, I listed some organizations and causes for #GivingTuesday that I thought were worthy of your generosity. One of the projects listed was the International Mission Board’s Jesus Storybook Bible Translation Project. The goal was to raise $20,000 to provide a translation of this excellent children’s Bible in the Basque language. This unreached people group in Spain is one that our church has embraced.
In an update over the holidays, I am excited to share with you that the goal has not only been reached, but it has raised $21,141 to date! Thank you for giving and praying!
Here’s a comment from one of the workers in the Basque area of Spain:
More than $21,000 has been given towards our goal of $20,000!!!
This is a huge answer to prayer and such a blessing! The translation process is already complete and now we are just waiting to have the Bibles printed. The money raised will allow us to print 1,000 copies. The publishing company will give us 100 of those copies to distribute how we want and they will allow us to purchase any additional copies at half price. We will be sure to keep you posted on a possible release date as well as information about how to sponsor Bibles that would be used as gifts for families and individuals. In the meantime, please continue to pray that the Lord will use this resource to impact Basque families in ways greater than we can even imagine.
On this day...
- Joke gone bad - 2015
- 'Nuff said: Fake friends, wrecking friends, loss of interaction, Hello-my name is Church - 2014
- Ala Carte: Power-napping, The Rock-Scarred Hand, Sugar Bowl bound, - 2011
- Mac users, rejoice! - 2007
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020