Four years ago I voted against Barack Obama more than I voted for John McCain. I was concerned about Obama’s lack of experience. However, when he won, I celebrated that America had elected its first African-American President. I prayed for him, and I hoped that his rhetoric would translate into reality.
It did not.
Instead, the President and his party have created a vitriolic climate in Washington this past four years. This was in direct opposition to his promises.
So today, I voted against Barack Obama for the second time. However, today, I also voted for Mitt Romney AND Paul Ryan.
Whoever wins today will also receive my prayers for the next four years. Personally, I just hope that the subject matter of my prayers is different.
On this day...
- Review: "Radical Together" - 2011
- Grumpy Muppets - 2009
- Health update and uncertainty - 2008
- Change in America = Change in the Church - 2008
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020