I’m back from my traveling and retreat and am looking forward to sharing with you some of gleanings from the past few days on my retreat. First of all, I must say that everyone needs a friend whom will allow you to unload everything that’s on your mind and then boldly but gently offer you biblical perspective, counsel, and encouragement. Thanks, Jackie. I’m fortunate to have several such close friends. In fact, I’m gloriously blessed in this regard.
I’m just shooting from the hip, but I think that such godly friends among men tend to be scarce in most men’s lives. If you don’t have men you will unashamedly speak loving truth into your life, then you are skating on thin ice.
In addition to several hours of deep conversation, I dedicated myself to reading through the Gospel of John, taking notes as I went. On Friday evening, 5:30-11:00 p.m. and on Saturday a.m., 8:30-11:00, I was gloriously glued to this Gospel. If you have not ever devoted yourself to reading it through in a sitting or two, I can’t stress enough how much you need to.
Seek to answer these three questions about each chapter:
- What does Jesus say about Himself?
- What do I say about who Jesus is?
- What are the implications for my life?
This may seem rather like a “duh” statement, but I was surprised by Jesus – by his words, insight, and realization of His identity. I love being surprised by Him.
On this day...
- Review: CSB Christ Chronological Bible - 2019
- Death Diapers - 2018
- Facebook 2009 like MySpace 2006 - 2009
- The Age of Conversation - 2008
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019