Teach me, O God, so to use all the circumstances of my life today that they may bring forth in me the fruits of holiness rather than the fruits of sin.
Meditate on that!
He goes on:
Let me use disappointment as material for patience;
Let me use success as material for thankfulness;
Let me use suspense as material for perseverance;
Let me use danger as material for courage;
Let me use reproach as material for longsuffering;
Let me use praise as material for humility;
Let me use pleasures as material for temperance;
Let me use pains as material for endurance.
An American living in Lebanon a few years ago, during a time of intense violence said that his family was always urging him and his family to leave Lebanon. However, since he was leading Bible studies in various sections of the city, he didn’t feel right about leaving during the time of crisis. He said, “I felt God should lead us to something, not just away from something. What would happen if Christians always packed up and left when trouble broke out?”
What can you ask God to use in your life for His purposes that might bring you renewed perspective?
On this day...
- Lunch convos, Part 1 - 2016
- Tozer on the inequality of all people - 2014
- Review: Brisingr (rated 5 stars) - 2009
- Glorieta 08: Wednesday summary - 2008
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020