Yesterday I received an amazing gift from Viktor. I’m asking folks around the office to call me “Captain Jeff” now. He collaborated with Carolyn to put my mug shot on a Star Trek figurine.
The rest of the day was a delightfully amusing one as I ecstatically revealed Captain Jeff to all the staff and guests in the office. I was quite proud.
It was the same giddy enthusiasm that I showed off the commode mug that Jeremy gave me earlier this year.
It wasn’t until evening that I realized I’d lived out all day the message of my sermon from Sunday. I preached about Living an Invitational Life, and I said in the message:
“We invite people readily to what we’re captivated by. We introduce people to those we’re in love with and proud of.”
I didn’t hesitate to show off Captain Jeff or my toilet mug because I was proud and grateful for both gifts. Point proved.
Now to point attention to the greater gift – a love relationship with God. Simple, temporal gifts are little lights directing our gaze to God’s love for humanity in the person of Jesus Christ.
Thanks, Viktor and Jeremy. Your gifts continue to encourage thoughtfulness and life lessons. May God continue to be glorified in all of our giving.
“If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!” (Matthew 7.11)
On this day...
- Nuff Said: "Ordinary" Sundays, Methodists circa 2014, Top 35 Christian blogs and the Youth Pastor Accidental Screenshare - 2019
- How to follow journeyguy.com during the experiment - 2013
- Glorieta Bound, 2008 - 2008
- Mo' love through a moped - 2007
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019
- Why do Christian women struggle with friendships? - August 10, 2019