I’ve been using this book for a while now in my personal devotional time, and I have to recommend it to anyone who is looking to “jump start” their Bible study. If you don’t have a plan or are in-between studies, this Following God Character Series is very good. I’ve done 2-3 in the series.
Life Principles for Following Christ is a 12-week interactive Bible study. There is material to read and respond to for five days in each of the chapters. The 12 chapters each take a deeper look at Christ’s roles in the following ways:
- The Last Adam
- The Seed
- The Angel of the Lord
- Lawgiver and Judge
- The King
- The Prophet
- The High Priest
- The Son of Man
- Christ in Prayer
- The I AM
- Rabbi and Teacher
- Lamb of God
The one on the kings of the Old Testament was not only informative and helpful, but it also helped place into perspective a timeline of God’s dealings with the nation of Israel. Knowing the events of the Old Testament enables one to relish with gratitude God’s intervention through Christ in the New.
What Bible reading plan or study are you currently involved in?
On this day...
- God's steadfast love - 2017
- Review: The Red Sea Rules (rated 4 stars) - 2010
- Comparing local cable to DSL - 2009
- Ode to the Drew Theater - 2007
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019