Oboy. Things in our house got progressively better over this past weekend. If you read the entry from DQ, you know that Sam and I both were in fantasy football Superbowls, albeit in different leagues. Well, I won, and he lost. Ahahahahahahaahahahaha. Whew. Had to get that out. Am I bad for gloating over my 8 year-old son? I mean, his team knocked mine out of the playoffs in his league. And I was getting rather tired of the, “Hey-dad-who-you-gonna-start-this-weekend-oh-I-forgot-you’re-not-in-the-playoffs” routine.
By the way….
It’s my birthday tomorrow. Feel free to use the TIP TROUGH liberally. It’s found in the right column… A latte at Dad’s Place is about $3.75. Of couse, feel free to drop the decimal.
Happy Birthday to me……
A song about nothin’
Don’t worry. I won’t attempt another song, but you’ve got to swing by Mike Graham’s site and listen to “A Song About Nothin.” Mike is Caro’s first cousin (it’s ok; they’re not native Arkansans, so their family tree does fork), and in the Texas country scene. He’s really, really good. Stop on in, and enjoy! Let him know I sent ya, and you’ll get, well, exactly what the song’s about.
On this day...
- The first post of the year: blogging - 2016
- Sure-fire way to get hits... - 2007
- What's down the trail for you? - 2007
- Why the shovel dude? - 2007
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020