In much the same way that I read Matt Chandler’s book Explicit Gospel (see post here), I invite you to read with me Chip Ingram’s True Spirituality (previously published and titled Living on the Edge). I’m reading it in advance of using it as a resource for our small groups at church this fall.
God’s solution for spiritual transformation is not rules… God’s solution is not trying hard to be more moral or to keep one’s nose clean through self-effort. In fact, God’s solution is not primarily about religious activities or programs… church attendance and church programs programs are unable in and of themselves to produce lasting life change.
On this day...
- Rushing for relevance - 2016
- Back Porch Chonicles - Noisy Candles - 2008
- The Illusionist (rated 4 stars) - 2007
- Christ's tomb... with bones? - 2007
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020