Hmmm. Wade continues to provide behind-the-scenes information relating to heavy-handed leadership in the Southern Baptist Convention this time at my alma mater, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
What do you think about this series of events as described in this post:
Prior to making the post public I emailed the full transcript to Dr. Paige Patterson’s office and asked him to read it, correct any factual errors (if any), or dispute the document itself. I also called and left my private cell number. In addition, several weeks prior to publishing the post I went by Dr. Patterson’s office to meet with him personally. He was unavailable, so I left my private cell phone number. I never heard from him. I have now called his office five times, three prior to the Klouda post, and two after the Klouda post, and he has yet to call me. I have called Dr. David Allen, Dean of Students, twice and asked him to call me. I have never heard from him. I was told by a friend of mine that a SWBTS trustee called him to get me to ‘back off.’ I immediately called this trustee to visit with him personally. He was not available so I left my number and I have yet to hear from him. I have called Dr. Van McClain’s office twice and he has not returned my phone calls. Dr. McClain, Chairman of the SWBTS Board of Trustees did email me a response back to my request to see the minutes of the business meeting where Sheri was hired. He refused until after the April 2007 SWBTS Board Meeting, and only then ‘conditioned upon any action taken by the trustees.’
On this day...
- Nuff Said: Demise of blog commenting, Small Groups make a BIG difference, Questions for sleepy Christians, & 11 books we lie about reading - 2015
- Snowpocalypse Reports - 2014
- Live Where You Love: The New River Valley - 2013
- Eating my words - 2009
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019
- Why do Christian women struggle with friendships? - August 10, 2019