I waded through the first story, F-bombs and all. Then came the second story with more of the same…
If these are the “Best American Short Stories of 2005,” we’re really hurting.
I was looking for brilliance and all I got was bawdiness. It’s hard for me to read stories and appreciate their content when they’re clothed in profanity. Sorry. There are too many really good books out there to waste any more time on this grab bag publication.
On this day...
- Four responses to Jesus at Christmas - 2017
- A friend's faith journey: Phillip Slaughter, Part 2 - 2016
- Devotional on Matthew 2.1-10 - 2013
- Turn the other cheek? - 2010
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020