I waded through the first story, F-bombs and all. Then came the second story with more of the same…
If these are the “Best American Short Stories of 2005,” we’re really hurting.
I was looking for brilliance and all I got was bawdiness. It’s hard for me to read stories and appreciate their content when they’re clothed in profanity. Sorry. There are too many really good books out there to waste any more time on this grab bag publication.
On this day...
- Four responses to Jesus at Christmas - 2017
- A friend's faith journey: Phillip Slaughter, Part 2 - 2016
- Devotional on Matthew 2.1-10 - 2013
- Turn the other cheek? - 2010
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019