“Nuff said” is a collection of saved entries from across the interwebs. Here are some interesting, provocative and fun things for your reading and viewing.
On the night of the first presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, any observer must admit that they can’t believe Trump is where he is. He has defeated. all. odds. He conquered a loaded Republican primary (16 other candidates!), and he has had to run against a media intent on skewering him and skewing every single word he says. In addition, Trump hasn’t helped himself with his bombastic, in-your-face social media posts and quips.
Could the tech companies and internet providers we use the most actually be working diligently to cloud our perspective of Trump? Almost all of what we know about him is filtered to us through streams that may be actively seeking to influence us away from Trump.
So once upon a time, I wrote a book. It didn’t do great. But it felt good to have completed a writing project. (you can read about it here) I’m much more sensitive to authors now, and that was a profound learning experience. Barnabas Piper offers these three things you can do for authors. And he’s right:
This is not a defensive link. However, I admit that I often get chided for not responding to text messages and for not answering my phone. This article offers 9 reasons. And yes, one of them is: some pastors are lazy and rude. The other eight are worth digesting for anyone who gets frustrated with their pastor’s supposed unresponsiveness. I appreciated this closing comment:
All legitimate calls deserve a response. Either from us, or a surrogate. People need to know they’re not being ignored.
Then when we’ve done what we can, we need to lay down the phone – and the guilt. Stop checking our email. Know that we did what we could. And leave the rest in God’s hands.
Here’s a practical article about how on-the-go moms can continue to make scripture a priority in their lives even with a non-stop, on-demand life schedule.
Many of you know I love hot dogs. This should be my theme song. Give it a listen. I promise you’ll relish it.
Also in Nuff Said
- ‘Nuff said: Surviving Christmas Shoes, Sexy Christianity, Strange Fire, War on Christians
- ‘Nuff said: Fake friends, wrecking friends, loss of interaction, Hello-my name is Church
- Nuff said: Extroversion vs Introversion, Are you naked?, Christian resolutions, Recommending books.. and more
- Nuff said: Majestic Hotel, smartphones and sleep, church signs, church history, imperialist Christian missionaries
- Nuff said: Noah and Tim Tebow, Repenters, Driscoll’s apology, Let it go-please, abortion speech, Urkaine, and help for those who don’t want to raise their hands in worship
- Nuff said: Social media help, smart phones and dumb people, ministry to youth on social media
- Nuff said: Bad news believers, hashtag diplomacy, silver bullet of discipleship, single and satisfied?, kids sports, Kid President
- Nuff said: 10 commitments, the power of definitions, leaving your church well, ways you’re doing Twitter wrong, NO!, and more
- Nuff said: Trusting scripture, a Gospel without words, a Trader or a Christian?, Does Powerpoint help?, Be a people person, Selfies Anonymous
- Nuff Said: Son of Hamas, Elders as Disciple Makers, Hipster Quitter, Caveats to the #IceBucketChallenge, the new face of the IMB,
- ‘Nuff Said: Improving Your “Do,” Things to pray for your kids, 20 things you shouldn’t do if you’re over 20, 30 things you may already be doing that impress others, when a cult repents, too much phone? and Star Trek
- Nuff said: Fix annoying iOS 8 tidbits, charts!, the world’s largest religion, why working from a coffee shop may not be a good idea
- Nuff said: Saving Daylight, the church “stand and greet time,” the iPhone cone, why go to church and more
- Nuff said: #1 Bible translations, Cause of Divorce, Donald Miller spirituality, coffee mugs, trusted professions
- Nuff said: Cool air, on the wrong side of history, iPhone history, utilitarianism, Gmail helps, a heavenly visit?
- Nuff Said: Demise of blog commenting, Small Groups make a BIG difference, Questions for sleepy Christians, & 11 books we lie about reading
- Nuff said: A week later with the same-sex ruling
- Nuff Said: Why Churches Should Stay Home on Halloween, Photoshop Alternatives, Dumb Ideas About Jesus, The Power of Next, Discipleship DNA, What Ben Carson would do first if elected President
- Nuff Said: Bonhoeffer too popular? When $17.38 changes a life.. Churches & communication… The death of cultural Christianity… A college president stands up… Star Wars cast acapella
- Nuff said: Impractical Jokers save the day, Watch Pompeii get destroyed, How to deal with crisis, How to reach millennials, Blacksburg Winter Storm aerial footage, 9 reasons the church need to reach college students
- Nuff said: Pastor ponderings
- Nuff said: A tribute to millennials as college starts again
- Nuff Said: Tech companies trumping Trump, Helping authors, Pastors who ignore phone calls, ways for busy moms to be in the Bible, Frankfurter Sandwiches and more
- Nuff said: Reaching milennials; Beat the idea, not the person; America runs on clicks; Email in real life
- Nuff Said: A porn queen and Christians; a nation of depression; glutton-free churches and more good news from around the net
- Nuff said: The Eisenhower Box, porn addiction in the church, Why Dilbert hates goals, Are youth leaving the church? and the Celebrity Pastor Fantasy Draft
- Nuff Said: “Ordinary” Sundays, Methodists circa 2014, Top 35 Christian blogs and the Youth Pastor Accidental Screenshare
- Nuff Said: The New York Blessing, George Floyd responses, questions for a new year, one word for your prayers & Joel Osteen