Every Christian should make it a point to read – no to submit to – a book about humility. When Jesus Himself is demonstrated to be humble and in a day of celebrity pastors, there is much we can apply, consider and be censured on as we approach the teaching about humility.. humbly. Chris is a friend and local pastor. I am thankful for his work. Reading it has encouraged me, nurtured me and re-minded me of the joy of humility. He makes the point well that I cannot pursue and become humble without pursuing and becoming more like Jesus.
And before you’re tempted to pat yourself on the back for reading a book on humility, take this quote from Chris to heart: “The goal is to grow in humility, not in brilliance.”
On this day...
- Their Story: Phillip Slaughter - 2014
- Review: The Power of Team-Based Leadership (rated 3 stars) - 2007
- Focused vs. Diverse - 2006
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020