by Neil Gaiman
I had high hopes for Stardust after Mark Wegley recommended it to me. I don’t know if it was my mood or just my expectations that caused this book to simply fall flat.
I’ll give it credit. I kept turning the pages. I was truly interested in how the story would develop. But it is no epic, and has has left no lasting impression, unfortunately. Alas.
For those interested in a short, easy-to-read fantasy-magic tale, it’s cute.
I think I’ve just gotten spoiled on the broader, character-driven epic series created by Lewis, Tolkien, Martin, Paolini and yes, Rowling.
On this day...
- The "Supreme" Court, indeed: thoughts on the same-sex marriage decision - 2015
- Their Story: Sean Couch - 2014
- Google Reader shutting down July 1 - 2013
- Saturday in Spain - 2011
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020