by George Barna
All I can really say is… “Yawn.”
Barna simply writes too many books. This is probably way too unfair, but anyone who writes as many books as he does simply can’t hit homeruns all the time. This book is simply repetitive and adds nothing to the plethora of resources already available on team leadership. It almost comes to the curb too late. You get the sense that you’ve read it before, and you probably have.
Another distressing Barna characteristic is his omission of source material. I’m sorry, but in this book, there’s not much original.
Read Good to Great and save yourself some time. Then read anything by Aubrey Malphurs.
On the other hand, if you’ve never read anything on team leadership, I’d highly recommend this book. You’ll feel like Barna’s a genius.
On this day...
- Review: Rediscovering Humility - 2018
- Their Story: Phillip Slaughter - 2014
- Focused vs. Diverse - 2006
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020