Check out this church’s site and let me know what you think about it.
Here’s what Derek said about it in his entry about the top 15 church plants:
This church recently became an official A29 church, and on top of that, is becoming a great church plant in the Bible-saturated South. Led by David Thew, Sojourn meets in a brewery. How cool is that? Plus, they are reaching a demographic in a Seattlesque city in the south. It’s really cool to see what their doing and to talk with David about his vision for Alabama. They are also looking into the area, planting churches in possibly Tennessee and Georgia. Looking forward to hearing great things out of Huntsville.
- First impressions: I loved the initial impression I had of the site, and of course, who wouldn’t be intrigued by “A Church That Meets in a Brewery?“
- Second impressions were equally impressive as it related the Sojourn’s focus, methodology and well-expressed theology.
- Third impressions were, well, being a little overwhelmed. I really like the content of the site, but I wonder if it’s almost “too much.” I personally like it, cause I’m a reader/learner, but I wondered how others would like it.
- I also found the site a little difficult to navigate around.
- I did particularly appreciate the thought and articulation that has gone into communicating the content of Sojourn Church. They’ve done a wonderful job of establishing their online identify and distinguishing between their “brand” of church and the traditional church. At what expense, I wonder?
- Another observation: they have another site set up called www.churchinabrewery.com that apparently points to key blog entries and FAQs. However, an initial visitor might not stumble across that site, unless he was giving the original site a good once-over.
As always, tell me what you think:
- What is attractive about the site?
- What can you tell about the substance of the church from the site?
- If you lived in the area and were not a church member, would this church’s site be something that might lead you to investigate further? Why or why not?
- What do you not like about the site?
- Are there better questions to ask to elicit better input?
On this day...
- Old journals and new journeys - 2014
- The Nelson connection - 2014
- Review: The Language of God - 2011
- The Blacksburg schools pickle - 2010
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020