Check out this beautifully conceived and well done concept. Put two strangers in a ballpit with some pre-written mixer questions and then stand back and watch the laughter, surprises and simple joys of – get this – talking to another human. In our day of pseudo relationships engineered by cell phones, social media and sound bytes, we need to be reminded again that relationships begin simply – and sometimes in a ballpit.
Thank the good folks over at Soulpancake (brainchild of Rainn Wilson – aka Dwight on The Office) for putting this together.
Here’s one idea for putting yourself out there if you don’t have a ball pit:
- Introduce yourself to the person in line with you – at the grocery store, movies, etc. Smile and say, “Hi! I’m ____. Tell me something good that happened to you today. I like meeting interesting people.”
On this day...
- Exponential 2010: The Acts 2 Church - 2010
- Tuesday at Exponential - 2008
- Exponential Day 1 - 2008
- Review: "Disciples Are Made, Not Born" (3 stars) - 2007
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019
- Why do Christian women struggle with friendships? - August 10, 2019