I had posted about WordPress spam earlier, but I wanted to update you. I’ve found that Spam Karma 2 works GREAT, but it was also preventing legitimate comments from being posted over at MonticelloLive, so I’ve deactivated it for the time being.
I’ve also installed WP-Deadbolt, which forces new WordPress users who register to prove that they’re “human.” This is a necessary step for WordPress, and I can’t believe it’s not built-in yet. It was an easy install. The more users register on your blog, the more you can keep them updated! I’ve also installed a new plug-in over at MLive that allows you see to users online at any given moment. It’s titled, conveniently enough, WP-Users Online.
On this day...
- Broaden your prayers - 2018
- Are Southern Baptists the best denomination ever? - 2016
- Running for Blacksburg Town Council - 2013
- iPhone 3G S song... - 2009
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020