Came across this article by accident today and thought it was a great pictorial statement of who our heroes are… As the White Sox won the World Series last night and I saw the slobbering, hysterical celebrations going on in Chicago, this picture reminds me again that our nation has no clue what a hero is. It’s not someone who gets paid millions of dollars for playing baseball, basketball, and football. (many of whom have no moral commitment or integrity). True heroes are those who serve (and die for) others for the great causes of humanity: life, liberty, justice, and freedom.
Thank you to our soliders in Iraq, Afghanistan, New Orleans, and other parts of our world who serve for someone else.
On this day...
- A la carte: Death of personal blogging, political posts, book on prayer recommendation - 2012
- Bentonville-bound - 2008
- Coffee blog all stirred up - 2006
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020