Our five year-old niece is visiting us for a few days. She’s from El Paso, and she is quite loquacious (i.e, my ears are losing weight because of the workout they’re getting). However, she’s pretty entertaining and fun, and I thought I’d record some things she’s said to us during her stay. Keep coming back for more “Things Mattie Said” (TMS):
- Upon arriving in Raleigh-Durham where it had been raining: “Look at those ponds!” (speaking about water puddles – they don’t see much of those in El Paso…)
- To Sam on the way to McDonalds: “Your voice used to be different.”
- Since she’s been here, she’s been texting all the time.. on a toy calculator.
- “I think God made me do that because I didn’t do that.”
- I love that show. Spongebob. He’s a good actor.
- Nanny, (what she calls Carolyn) why did you wear your hair like that? Did you not have time to fix it?
- Everything looks good on me. (she’s not a big believer in humility)
On this day...
- Christian cuss words - Tim Hawkins - 2013
- Chik Fil A: A day less - 2012
- Crashing Windows - 2011
- Glorieta 08, Day 2 - 2008