Just wanted to post a quick update on our health journey with Carolyn. Thank you all for emailing, asking and praying.
She had an appointment today at 12:30 in which the surgeon reviewed her PET scan and medical history. After doing an ultrasound on two of the areas in which he was able to see the lumps, he and Carolyn’s oncologist are recommending an outpatient surgery. We scheduled it for December 8.
On a side note, his ultrasound machine was smaller than a standard laptop… I was dying to snap a picture of it but just couldn’t bring myself to do so. (I can take a picture of a cat funeral but not a sonogram machine… Go figure.)
Basically, he will remove the lump in the breast and do a biopsy of it first. If it proves to be Hodgkin’s or some sort of lymphoma, he will not remove anything else. If it’s not, then he’ll proceed to one of the other nodes and remove one of them and do a biopsy of it.
The reasoning is that since all this is happening at one time, that it’s most likely related and not separate cases of breast cancer and Hodgkin’s. We were very pleased with his professionalism, candor and sensitivity.
Again, thanks for your prayers and thoughts!
Our Cancer Saga
Carolyn was first diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease in 1991. Since then, it's been a wild, crazy cancer saga.
- A Sheep’s Tale
- Our Story, a week in October
- Health update and uncertainty
- Biopsy results…
- Today’s stop: surgeon consultation
- Doctor update
- “As you help us by your prayers”
- Where we are
- Health latest…
- Experiencing intercession
- Two birthdays of good news
- The chemo word
- Surgery today
- A little closure…
- Chemo hero
- Our Story: Miracles
- Another opportunity to trust
- Round 6 update
- A La Carte: Health Update, December Nights kickoff, Saving Change and The First Snow
- Final surgery – Round 6: gratitude in busyness
- Health update 2014
- A little down: health update
- Miracles in the mailbox
- Immeasurably more..
- Moving toward knowledge: surgery
- Cancer hiccups
- A new wrinkle
On this day...
- Choosing Thanksgiving - 2016
- A poem from Luke 8 - 2010
- So long, and thanks for all the Nutts - 2007
- Facebook... - 2006
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019