Watch this 8 minute video featuring Walt Mossberg as he discusses before a panel in Finland the necessary steps for the digital revolution to take the next step in the United States. He points out that the U.S. has the slowest high-speed internet around, and that provider companies of DSL, cable internet, etc. purposely “throttle” speeds (bandwidth) so that they can charge more.
One startling statement he makes is that what we consider high-speed internet in this country is laughed upon in other developed countries. He calls upon the next President to weigh in on creating some bandwidth policies and access readily available. He says that we should consider it just as strategic as we did the interstate highway infrastructure.
On this day...
- Discipleship substitutes - 2016
- Designer detours - 2011
- About WBC: Don't Feed the Animals - 2010
- Blog redesign... - 2007
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020