Watch this 8 minute video featuring Walt Mossberg as he discusses before a panel in Finland the necessary steps for the digital revolution to take the next step in the United States. He points out that the U.S. has the slowest high-speed internet around, and that provider companies of DSL, cable internet, etc. purposely “throttle” speeds (bandwidth) so that they can charge more.
One startling statement he makes is that what we consider high-speed internet in this country is laughed upon in other developed countries. He calls upon the next President to weigh in on creating some bandwidth policies and access readily available. He says that we should consider it just as strategic as we did the interstate highway infrastructure.
On this day...
- Discipleship substitutes - 2016
- Designer detours - 2011
- About WBC: Don't Feed the Animals - 2010
- Blog redesign... - 2007
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019