Lifeway Christian Research (Southern Baptist) recently concluded a study about why young adults are leaving the church today. In a summary article over at churchrelevance.com, they bring out the four things, according to Jim Johnston of Lifeway, that young adults want in a church:
- Biblical Community
- Social Action
- Genuine Church
While I would normally say that what our Americanized, self-seeking culture “wants” in a church and what church should be are two different things, I was struck by the results of the survey. Perhaps today’s young adults want more of the essence of humble Christianity than the blatant event orientation of past generations.
Follow up on the articles above and let me know what you think about their conclusions.
On this day...
- Immeasurably more.. - 2015
- Review: The Incredible Invention of Hugo Cabret (rated 4 stars) - 2008
- Just some great tips... - 2006
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019