Lifeway Christian Research (Southern Baptist) recently concluded a study about why young adults are leaving the church today. In a summary article over at churchrelevance.com, they bring out the four things, according to Jim Johnston of Lifeway, that young adults want in a church:
- Biblical Community
- Social Action
- Genuine Church
While I would normally say that what our Americanized, self-seeking culture “wants” in a church and what church should be are two different things, I was struck by the results of the survey. Perhaps today’s young adults want more of the essence of humble Christianity than the blatant event orientation of past generations.
Follow up on the articles above and let me know what you think about their conclusions.
On this day...
- Immeasurably more.. - 2015
- Review: The Incredible Invention of Hugo Cabret (rated 4 stars) - 2008
- Just some great tips... - 2006
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020
- Tribute: Dr. W.O. Vaught - March 1, 2020