OK, it’s in the middle of a tornado warning here in our small metropolis of 10,000. I had just finished posting the National Weather Service warnings on MonticelloLive. I had the front door open listening and stepping out to look at the swirling clouds intermittently. Carolyn is out of town at the Journey Ladies’ Retreat, and so the kids had made a shelter in the hallway closet. They kept yelling, “DADDY!!!! Come get in here!” I walked back to comfort and lend them my manly presence only to discover that with them, the stinking chihuahua, the cat-that-has-become-ours, the bird and cage, and the hamster and cage, there was no room in the inn.
The thought of their dear old dad not being able to fit in the closet in case of an actual tornado apparently didn’t concern them. Rather, I placed last after a dog, cat, hamster, and parakeet.
On this day...
- Video: Snow day again... - 2015
- Explaining the sled chicken incident - 2010
- Hands down, a great video... - 2007
- Review: Disney War (4 stars) - 2007
Latest posts by Jeff Noble (see all)
- But Senegal - September 17, 2019
- 10 years of ministry (and lots of coffee) - September 2, 2019
- Review: “Openness Unhindered” by Rosario Butterfield - August 19, 2019