I’ve hosted my blog on my own server since 2004. I’ve tried a number of other blogging platforms (Typepad, Tumblr, etc.), but I like the features and customization available with themes and plug-ins with a self-hosted site. (I know I’ve already lost most of you, but for you blogging nerds, hang in there.)
I convinced Aaron last year to move from Blogger to WordPress.com, and he has shared with me that it’s been a great transition – especially bringing added interaction (blog comments) and more followers than he had over on Blogger.
Then I stumbled across this article from 2013 which says:
Self hosties are missing out on the community side of wordpress. Sure, we’ve got our own thing going on, and we tap into communities like facebook, twitter and DISQUS, but we don’t seem to have any way of readily tapping into the rich and fascinating community over on the hosted side of the fence.
It’s got me thinking.. should I move my blog to WordPress.com? I can still use my URL of journeyguy.com and just forward it there.
On this day...
- Top Books I Read in 2019 - 2020
- 2018... you were all over the place - 2019
- After 20 years with Passion conferences, here's two things I've learned - 2017
- Receiving grace and kindness.. The GiveForward campaign - 2015
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020