It was hopeless then, it is hopeless today, and it will always be hopeless. Try as they may, people can’t keep Jesus down. They can’t keep him buried. They may use physical force or academic scorn or media blackout or political harassment or religious caricature. For a season they will think the tomb is finally sealed. But it never works. He breaks out.
This quote from John Piper’s devotional Taste and See can actually be found in its entirety on the Desiring God website here. It’s well worth your read.
On this day...
- The Love Deficit in the Church - 2013
- Making the radio - 2011
- You know you're from Arkansas when... - 2009
- Check out dipity - 2008
- A viral post: Humor, Jesus and COVID - April 3, 2020
- Everything could change.. what COVID-19 has done for us - March 19, 2020
- How the coronavirus could reshape the university system - March 11, 2020